Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Introducing the Baker's Dozen Senior Design Team

Thanks for joining me on the first day of sneak peeks! I don't want to keep you waiting too long so all of the new Taylored Expressions stamps will be available for purchase in just two short days exclusively on my website Taylored Expressions! Kudos to Stefanie who guessed yesterday that the new Taylored Expressions stamps are the result of a collaboration with illustrator Jessie Oleson. I came across Jessie's adorable cupcake images and I knew instantly that they would make the perfect stamps! Stop by Jessie's blog: Cakespy and tell her what you think! Today I'm so excited to introduce you to part of the Baker's Dozen Design Team. The design team consists of six Senior Design Team members, six Rotating Design Team members, and myself. Today I'm introducing the Baker's Dozen Senior Design Team. I hand-selected these women from among many talented designers and I have no doubt you'll love their creations! Make sure you click on their blogs below for a sneak peek design using the new Taylored Expressions stamps! Without further ado... say hello to the Senior Design Team:

Ana’s signature designs are always soft and sweet, just like herself! Her cards are so thoughtfully layered and her images beautifully colored. Stop by her blog: Inkastamp and you’ll fall in love with her too!






I have long-admired Charmaine’s bright, fun style! The joy she has in creating such works of art comes through in her writing on her blog: Oodabug Alley. Charmaine caught my eye with her cupcake creations and I know they’ll catch your eye too!






Denise, known to many as peanutbee, has an incredible eye for balance in her layouts. Her designs draw you in to just the right place and keep you coming back to make sure you caught all the extra details! See what I mean at her blog: The Paper Landscaper!





Jami has become much more than a stamping acquaintance in last couple years. I have the privilege of living nearby Jami and she has become a true friend. She is appropriately known for her More is More style and the design team wouldn’t be complete without her! Check out her beautiful creations (rhinestones and pearls and doodles, oh my!) on her blog: More is More.




I discovered Monika’s blog: M.A.D Stamper the first time she participated in a Cupcake Friday sketch challenge and I have checked her blog everyday since then! Monika has an incredible eye for color and always brings a unique element to her designs.






I have been the youngest member on many design teams, but not anymore! I’m happy to hand that title over to the baby of the group, Stephanie Hargis! *grin* Her simply sweet style caught my eye when she began participating in the Cupcake Friday sketch challenges. You’ll want to check out her beautiful creations on her blog: Steph’s Stampin’ Stuff!




I'd also like to share with you a little bit about the Taylored Expressions stamps. They are unmounted, deeply etched rubber in a *cute* shade of pink! One of the most valuable features of the TE stamps is that they come on EZ Mount cling cushion (which has a lifetime guarantee) and they are already die cut. Each set will come closely trimmed so there is no need to spend your time cutting out the images from a sheet of rubber! The stamps can be used with one of our gridline acrylic blocks for perfect placement. P.S. I took this photo with black ink on the stamp for better visibility. There will be three stamp sets for the debut of Stamp a Sweet Impression: Sweet Celebration, Trick or Sweet, and Frightful Night. Today I want to show you a few sneak peeks using the two Halloween sets. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love the decorations, the cute costumes, and all of the sweet treats... it was definitely a holiday invented for those with a *sweet* tooth (that's totally me!). For this first sneak peek I grabbed my Copic Markers and got to coloring. I wanted to create a scene of trick-or-treaters outside a haunted house. I masked each of the cupcakes as I stamped on down the line. The cardstock, patterned paper, and ribbon are from the Halloween Key Ingredients kits(more info on that soon!). I used the Stampin' Up 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches for the sentiment. My second sneak peek uses images from the Frightful Night set. I grabbed my Copic markers again for this card. The images are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I used my Xacto knife to cut a slit in the side of the chimney. I inserted the sentiment behind the house so when you pull on the little tab, out comes the rest of the sentiment "Ghoulish Greetings" (see closeup below). The bats are punched out and popped up with foam tape. I covered the windows with Glossy Accents and added Crystal Stickles to the moon. The cardstock I used on this card is also from the Halloween Key Ingredients. What are these Key Ingredients I keep talking about? I am so super excited that each new stamp release will be complimented by Key Ingredients. The Key Ingredients packages will be sold separately from the stamp sets and will include coordinating cardstock, patterned paper, and embellishments... everything you need to make the perfect "batch" of cupcake cards! The Halloween Key Ingredients come with 8 sheets of 8.5" x 11"cardstock (2 each of purple, green, orange, and black), 16 sheets of 6" x 6" patterned paper (4 of each pattern pictured), 5 yards of coordinating ribbon (1 yard each of 5 different styles), 1/2 oz. of Black Ice glitter, and 50 assorted brads (green, black, purple, orange, and silver). Thanks for stopping by on the first day of sneak peeks! Stay tuned tomorrow for the introduction of the Rotating Design Team and sneak peeks with the Sweet Celebration set!
Don't forget to check out the sneak peeks from the Senior Design Team (their blogs are linked above). Hope you all have a wonderful day!

84 comments:

Donna said...

oh my word! these cards are cute - great stamps, so fun! first time seeing a picture of Monika - yea! Congrats to you & your Sr. Design Team!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Congratulation to all of you...to Taylor on such a wonderful new venture and to this uber talented design team! Can't wait to see all the awesome projects that this creative team will bake up!

silke said...

Holy moly - awesome choice of such talented ladies!!! I'm a fan and know most of these super talented stampers - WAAHHOOOO!!!

Your stamp set is super adorable and so fun for the *spooky* time to come...my favorite time of the year!!!

Now I really can't wait to see more...!!!

ctemommy said...

Congratulations and I love the sneak peeks! I come to your website everyday and LOVE cupcakes! I pray God's richest blessings on your newest adventure.
Carla D.

Jenn in GA said...

taylor, the cupcakes dressed for halloween are adorable! at this rate, you aren't going to have your day job for long!

StamperSharon said...

What adorable stamps, Taylor! The coloring and your cards are fabulous! I can't wait to see more of your sneak peeks!

Sandy said...

Adorable images Taylor!! Can't wait to see more. Plus, I LOVE your key ingredients. Is that Doodlebug patterned paper?? Love it!!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Taylor. I'm so excited to see all this go live (I've been watching the clock all day)!

You're the best! ...and thank you for your sweet words. You made me cry. :)

Catherine said...

Congratulations, Ladies and Ms. Taylor. And a ghoulish cupcakes.... oh just adorable =)

Kathryn said...

Congratulations!
WOW -- Taylor -- I LOVE those Halloween STamps-- seriously -- I think they are the CUTEST ones I have ever seen -
Come Friday -- I will be on your site -- purchasing them- :)

You have a FABULOUS team of amazing artist -- WOW -- I love all their work!

Congratulations again -- you totally deserve it! :)

:)

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

wooOOHOoooOOO, taylor!! i'm so excited for you and your new cupcake stamps! i can't wait to see what everyone does with them and pick up a set or two of my very own!! i already love them! congrats to all the new DT members, too and to the upcoming rotating team---sounds like fun!!
sus

Dawn said...

WOW! Great team & fabulous product! Can't wait for the release!!

Mary Duffek said...

Congrats on your new venture!!! How adorable are the previews. Awesome bakers dozen too...Best of luck!!!!

Ida P. Krause said...

Oh my stars...those images are just so doggone CUTE I know I won't be able to resist them. Way to Go Taylor! - Can't wait to see more. Maybe someday I might be good enough to be on your fabulous design team. What a talented bunch of ladies.

JESSICA said...

Those stamps are SOOO cute...here I am waiting for tomorrow! Congrats!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome! Finally the 1st day is here. You must be counting the hours until Friday.:o)
Love the cards. Your coloring is just awesome. The circle greetings look really good on the cards. TFS! :o)

Lori said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE what I am seeing Taylor!!!!! You are the one that got me hooked on cupcakes so you will be seeing me purchasing more from you!!! I am so very happy for you and very excited!!! You picked an excellent Design Team and I can't wait to see the others!!!!
BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you Taylor!!!
(((((BIG HUGS)))))
:)

Gingerbread Gal said...

Wow Taylor! Everything looks so great! I gotta get each set on Friday!
:)Rachel

Shelly Kettell said...

SO COOL! SOOO EXCITING! Congrats to the Sr. Design team...all very deserving. Can't wait to see what ya'll create!

Jackie Pedro said...

Congratulations on your new line! Love the Halloween samples! You picked a rockin' DT! Can't wait to see more!

Tandra said...

WOW Taylor!! This is FABULOUS news! Congrats to you!!
I LOOOOVE your new stamp designs!!! Those Halloween cupcakes are killin' me! Just TOO cute!

scrapping4twins said...

What cute "cupcake" samples. I thought the same thing yesterday when I saw your sneak peak - the cakespy cupcakes are so cute. I love the Halloween Key Ingredients too! Can't wait to take another peak at what you have tomorrow. Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

WOW!! These are so uber cute!Great job! Friday connot get here fast enough. ;) Love all of the creations from the dt.

Ana said...

Congrats Taylor!! I know you will have huge success and you certainly deserve it!!
Many HUGS,
Ana

Liz said...

I just KNEW your designer was Jessie from Cakespy! She has amazing work and your stamps are to die for!

Stefanie said...

Wow Taylor! I'm a huge Cakespy fan and can't wait to see the rest of the line. The little ghost is too cute.

Joanne B. said...

Oh my goodness, Oh my GOODNESS! I'm so excited for you!! These stamps are adorable, and what a great selection of the DT! All fabulous choices! Can't wait to see who you picked for your rotating team and, um when I can buy the stamps. Giggle.

Congratulations! How VERY exciting!

Latrice said...

So cute Taylor! Can't wait to get these. Did you get my email last week? Let me know.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Taylor, your cards are absolutely adorable! Thank you SO MUCH for letting me be a part of your "dream". . .it is an honor!

Lisa said...

The halloween cupcakes are too cute!!
You are pulling me over to the dark side!
(BTW the Target $ spot has a bunch of cupcake themed bath goodies this week. I think of you everytime I see a cupcake now...)

Alexandra said...

I am so very excited for you Taylor - and what a fabulous DT you have put together! Your new line is stinkin' adorable - I just love them! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kim Getchel said...

Taylor, I am so excited for you!! Loving this group of stamp sets, can't wait to see what else is in store. Like the idea of the Key ingredients group, pretty neat.

TCake said...

Congrats to a fab design team....i'm addicted already!...cupcakes & kisses Teresa x

Mandy said...

Wow, Taylor! What a wonderful design team! And wonderful cards! And stamps! Yay!

ladyb266 said...

OMG! Taylor those are some super cute cupcake trick or treaters!!!! Fabulous!!!!! Love those cards you made with them. Way too cute!!!! TFS! ~Heidi

Tracy Durcan said...

eek!!! How totally fun!! Can't wait to see more :)

Erin Fluegge said...

I am so excited for you!! Good luck with your new adventure...I can't wait until Friday to see the stamps and put my order in!! I just love Halloween stamps!! Erin

Anonymous said...

WOW - I thought it looked a lot like the Cakespy stamps, but wasn't sure. WOO HOO!!!!

leenda said...

This is just too exciting! Your cupcake images are just a hoot! Can't wait to see more! Gotta go check out your design team blogs.

Laura said...

Congratulations Taylor!! I love the sneak peek at the Key Ingredients set... I can't wait to hear more about those!! Great cards! I fear my bank account may be taking another hit!;)

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

WOW! I'm so excited about your new stamps!! I'm loving the 'monster' cupcakes and the amazing paper and embellishments! Can't wait to see the full reveal! Off to check out some more sneak peeks... ;)

Maureen said...

These stamps are the cutest EVER!! Can't wait for the release - congrats on your new venture!!

Laura said...

OMG, these are so stinkin' cute!!! I can't wait to see the full sets and more sneak peaks; WOO, HOO!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Yay!! Everything so far looks fabulous..the key ingredient kits are perfect!! Can't wait for release day!!

Savor the Journey said...

**CONGRATULATIONS!!**
I'm so tickled to hear & "see" your news, Taylor! What delightful 'peeks' at your new venture!!

~Bev

Shannan Teubner said...

Girl, I think you might as well just put me on auto-bill now...

Ashley said...

Awesome team Taylor! I love the cards too!

Ramsey said...

TAYLOR! You have no idea how excited I am about all of this stuff and the team! I know you all will do great things! I can't wait to see more yummy cupcakes and Key Ingredients! You are truly amazing!

Bevie Pearl said...

Taylor.......I am sooooooo excited for you and for your DT!! I will have my plastic ready for Thursday nite to order. (((((HUGS))))))!!!!!!!

Martha said...

you have out done yourself... I love Trick or Sweet. it's perfect. Great job, can't wait to see more.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

OMG Taylor! congrats on your new adventure!! Love your super cute stamps! Great team too!

Julie Brooks said...

You go girl!!!!! I love the images I have seen so far!!! I know will they do well. :) You are so very talented!! Way to live out your dreams!! I know God will bless you!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Yay! I finally get to check everyone's blogs! Your cards are FANTASTIC girl! Wowza! :D I can't wait for Friday now! I can't even tell you how happy I am for you!

Oh, by the way, I love the little blurb about me! :D I am the youngest everywhere! Haha. I get harassed about it at school too. I am glad to hear you can understand! :D You made my day!

((hugs))

Margie said...

I just found your blog like a week ago and have become totally addicted! I am so lucky to have found you just when you are starting out on your new adventure! I am anxiously waiting to place my order - I just love those Halloween cupcakes!!! and the matching key ingredients are awesome!
Good luck to you and your team :)
xo, Margie

zukesgirl said...

HOW CUTE CUTE CUTE!
Love the stamps and the cards you made!
Congrats to the design team!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

Congratulations Taylor on your new venture! So excited for you and I will be there on Friday night to get me some Taylor cupcakes!!!

Julie Masse said...

These are adorable Taylor!! Huge congrats to you on your own line of stamps - how exciting!! :)

papelytijeras said...

I cannot wait...how creative and adorable...ghoulish cupcakes...yeahhh!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!!!! I can hardly wait to get these stamps. ADORABLE!!!
Shawn

Micki said...

Woohoo....congratulations Taylor. I will have to say that your Halloween cupcakes just pulled me over. They are too cute! I hope you can sit back (atleast for a day) and enjoy all your hard work. I'll be right behind Bev (with my plastic in my hand) :-)


Hugs
Micki

Carolina said...

Huge congrats on this amazing new adventure you're about to embark on...I'm in love with all I've seen so far and looking so excited to live in California so I can order at midnight tomorrow - woo hoo!

JAR said...

Wow! Congratulations to the new team and to you Taylor!!!

onehappystamper said...

CONGRATS, Taylor!!! The stamps look fabulous, and the design team most certainly IS! Wishing you LOTS of fabulous success in your new adventure!

Rose Ann said...

A huge congratulations, Taylor!! Your stamps are wonderful, and you have a rock star team too!! I wish you all the success that you deserve!! ;)

apigonfire said...

Oh MY goodness, GRACIOUS! Oh me, oh my! These are just *TOO* adorable! Love the cupcake costumes! And, you are brilliant with your "key ingredients" package. I am definately going to have to make Halloween cards this year! :)
~Kendra

Jessica said...

Congrats Taylor! Your stamps are gorgeous and those cupcakes? LOVE them! You are gonna rock at this stamp thing :)

Angela Knopf said...

Congratulations!! Those cupcake stamps are absolutely ADORABLE. What an incredibly talented group you have for the Baker's Dozen. With even more talent announced tomorrow? WOW! I can hardly wait to see MORE!

Teri said...

I love Halloween too and your stamps are so cute! Can't wait to get them. Awesome DT, can't wait to see more of their creations! Aloha!

emilymomto3boys said...

congrats to all the fab stampers! And these are so so so stinkin adorable!!!! Best of luck you Taylor!!

Allison said...

These stamps are SO adorable - I love them already! I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Congrats to all the design team members.

Claudette said...

OMG the Halloween Cupcakes are too adorable! I can't wait for Friday!!!

Kittie said...

Taylor, those cupcake disquised treaters are the cutest images ever. Congratulations to you for you wonrderful release. I can't wait to see the whole release.

Tami said...

Taylor-
I am so happy for you. I hope to get some of these adorable CUPCAKE stamps. Congrats. They are just the best cupcake stamps ever.

Way to you girl!! I love the site you partnered up with.

Julie Campbell said...

Taylor! These are just the CUTEST images ever! I think you're extremely smart and picked a PERFECT illustrator for your designs. I love your "kit" idea too... and your DT looks fab! I just visited all of their blogs. I'll definitely be wanting to get my hands on some of these! I think you're going to do really well with these! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Congratulations! How fabulous for you. Love the great images! Unmounted and die cut, an answer to a prayer!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh, Taylor! This is sooo exciting!! I'm thrilled to see such wonderful designers working with your too, too cute stamps! All of those gals are the bomb, and I can't wait for them to enable me (like I need that?!). BTW -- just put me down for all of your stamps every month, okay? Make it easy on me! And I LOVE all the yummy Doodlebug stuff in the first kit. Please remember us little folks when you become a huge international business success, okay?! Big, congratulatory hugs!!!!

Lana said...

Congratulations Taylor! GOOD FOR YOU! WOOHOOO!

Megan said...

CUTE!!! I can't wait to see all the images. Is it Friday yet????

Scrap for Joy said...

A cupcake stamp series-how ingenious of you! These little Halloween ones are two cute to eat, that's for sure. Your design team is great-can't wait to check everyone's creations. Hope you ordered enough to go around...Friday will be a crazy day I'm sure!
Congratulations and thank you!
~Joyce

Kristen Dyer said...

I just saw your banner on scs and just wanted to let you know how excited for you I am!!! Congrats Taylor!

Melanie said...

congrats ladies, very cute peek of everything!

Vicki said...

So super cute and congrats to the team!! :)

Theresa Forseth said...

Congratulations - what a wonderful endeavor!!!!

Amy said...

HAHAAH they are a hoot! Cupcakes! Who would have thought they could be so cool!