Monday, August 17, 2009

JustRite Christmas Blog Hop

It's time for another JustRite blog hop and this one has "gone wild" with 33 participants! You'll have lots of JustRite goodies to check out today! You can see my link list below, but first I want to show you the Christmas cards I created with the new Christmas Treasures borders and centers set. The borders and centers in this set fit in the 3 1/4" circle stamper. I really love the three wise men and the city of Bethlehem from this set. I thought it would be fun to emboss them and try something a little different (at least different for me!). I'm not usually a "sponger", but these images were begging for it! I did this little tutorial to show you how I created the images for my cards:

1. I started by stamping the images onto Eclipse masking tape and cutting apart each layer that I wanted to be a different color. Then I stamped the images again onto Choice Buttercream cardstock with Versamark ink and embossed them with copper embossing powder.



2. After embossing the images, I covered the top portion (the sky) of the image with the coordinating mask we created in #1 and sponged Desert Sand ink onto the bottom portion (the sand) of the image. I repeated this step with all of my embossed images. Then I covered the opposite portion of the image with the coordinating mask and sponged the sky with Sage Shadow ink.


3. After sponging all portions of the image, I cut them out scissors. This way I didn't have to worry about sponging outside the lines. Tip: Sponge the color darker toward the bottom and then pull the color up toward the top to create the shaded effect.













Once the images were finished, the cards came together really quickly! I used some leftover Cosmo Cricket patterned paper from last season's Be Good collection along with Prism cardstock in Blush Red Dark, Island Mist Medium, and Birchtone Dark. I stamped the elegant border from the same Christmas Treasures set directly onto the blue layer with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and popped up the image inside. A little chocolate satin ribbon provided the perfect finishing touch! And there you have it... quick and easy Christmas cards! I can guarantee you don't want to miss any of the other fabulous JustRite Christmas creations so head on over to the fabulous blogs listed below! All of the stamps you see in today's blog hop can be purchased at the JustRite store. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful day!

JustRite Blog, Becca Feeken, Sankari Wegman, Sharon Johnson, Kazan Clark, Sharon Harnist, Laura Davis, Debbie Olson, Michelle Woerner, Taylor Van Bruggen, Jenn Balcer, Michelle Wooderson, Lori Craig, Lauren Meader, Beate Johns, Barb Schram, Kimberly Crawford, Michele Kovack, Jami Bova, Kellie Fortin, Jennifer Buck, Heidi Blankenship, Angela Barkhouse, Lisa Somerville, Gerrie Johnnic, Kathy Jones, Debbie Seyer, Kim Sonksen, Terre Fry, Sheryl Dickinson, Bonnie Sharp, Mary Pfaff, Holly Simoni, Angela Robledo

67 comments:

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

WOW these are awesome Taylor - love the colouring and the way you stamped the borders!!!

Bonnie said...

Oh so pretty Taylor!! Love all the shading!

Chriss Blagrave said...

GORGEOUS! Love the colour combo and thanks for sharing the detailed steps! Love the border on this one too.

Kelly Landers said...

Oh my Word are these ever stunning!

Thanks for the tutorial. I am going to try and find that Eclipse tape. I have been using Post-It notes! LOL!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Fabulous cards! They are rich and elegant and oh so pretty! LOVE the 1/2 border peeking out!!! GREAT project!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Wow! This was a HUGE blog hop, but how fun! LOVE the new stamps and your projects are absolutely beautiful!

Sankari W. said...

Holy Frijoles Taylor!!! I am LOVIN this mini tutorial and all of your LOVELY cards!!!!- what a cool effect and how beautiful they all came out!!! Totalllllllllllly loving every single sponge-errific detail!!!! So soft and silent nightish and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Okay - I totally want to learn this technique from you! Perhaps a little demo soon ;) Sending you HUGEEEEE hugs Taylor!!!!
you SO Rock GF!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) Sankari :)

www.amazingpapergrace.com said...

You clever woman! I would never have dreamed all the detail you put into those images! Fabulous tutorial!!
--Hugs Becca

ashjoy said...

Very pretty!

Amy Lee said...

Thank you so much for this quick little tutorial. I have had these kinds of images in my head but couldn't seem to quit get to the process to make them come out. Thank you so much! Beautiful!

Michelle Wooderson said...

Taylor, you are so clever with the masking! Totally gorgeous cards!! And I love your last two stamp releases. The strawberries the berry basket and the Chillaz phrase......soooooooooo cute!!!!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Wow! WOW! WOW! Those cards are stunning! The colors are amazing!!!
Those make me want to stamp right now!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Gorgeous cards, Taylor -- LOVE how quick and easy your sponging technique is for these images! Beautiful colors, too -- lvoe that teal!

Diana said...

These are awesome. Thanks for sharing all the tips.

Angela said...

great cards Taylor. I am going to try and experiment with this technique.

Angela

chelemom said...

These are GORGEOUS!!!! : )

Barb Schram said...

Every detail is perfect, Taylor! Love the colors used, the half circle, and the patterned paper is wonderful! Take good care!

Karen Motz said...

Wow, these are beautiful Taylor! Not that I should be surprised though...I love the colours you chose and the tutorial is fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

connie said...

beautiful cards.. thanks for sharing the tips.

Jami said...

These cards are gorgeous Taylor! Wow! I love the little detail of the border stamped onto the card base.

Lori Craig said...

Shut the door... these are my favorite images of the entire release. Love your cards, and your little tutorial for the sponging. Beautiful!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

Oh Taylor! These are AWESOME! I love the rich non-traditional colors you used, the 1/2 hidden circle frames -pure genious! Your coloring is sheer perfection! Hugs,

Jenn Balcer said...

ask Lori. I just *gushed* over these cards. MUST. HAVE. THESE. STAMPS! You're so talented, my friend. . . thank you for designing the Balcer Family Christmas card! :)

Debbie Seyer said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for the tutorial,too!

Beate said...

Taylor, your cards look wonderful! I love them!
It was so great to finally meet you in Orlando. Big hugs to you and your Mom.
Hugs and smiles

Piali said...

Just love them...I really don't have actual words to explain ...so pretty...elgant...so well done. I am defintely getting this stamp set....your work is so inspiring.

Mary said...

Taylor, absolutely beautiful cards! I love how they are colored. You did a great job. Thank you for sharing. I love your stamps too. Hope you have a wonderful day, Mary

patriciad said...

Wowzers...these are just gorgeous cards.

stephanie said...

Oh you did a gorgeous job. I'd never have thought to mask them for coloring purposes, but I will now try this technique.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful set!

Swedie

Maggie said...

These cards are beautiful. Thank you for the tutorial. I am thinking these stamps are a must have.

Jennifer Buck said...

OMHeck, Taylor! These are STUNNING! My jaw is on the floor! Beautiful! TFS! :)

KimmyS said...

What an awesome tip about the cutting. Your cards are BRILLIANT

Holly - Wild Wyoming Girl said...

Wow! fabulous tutorial! These cards are so gorgeous.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Now I really must have that set! You did such a fine job on these cards, mmmmmmmmm, just luvin' 'em!

Debbie Kaste said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for showing us how you created them:)
Debbie Kaste

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Gorgeous cards! I love your color choice!

Lori Craig said...

I just came back to peek at these beauties again...LOVE THEM!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Very pretty!!

Marie B. said...

Hiya Taylor! I love how you did these cards! Thanks for sharing how you made such gorgeous stuff!

Teresa said...

Love the brown and blue together.

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous! Love your masking and inking technique. xxD

Tammy Murphy said...

Very elegant... love the look~

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love these!! Such warm beautiful colors, and I love the frame peeking out!

kathy s said...

what beautiful cards- i like the way you sponged them to give the shading- you also cut very straight if you cut them out by hand- love your colour scheme too

Fiorella said...

Awesome! Thank you so much!

isoscia said...

I love the colorsin your elegant cards. Thanks for the tutorial. Iris Soscia

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for the tip too.
"Hugs" Granny

Bluemoon said...

Your cards are phenomenal, you made the samped image come alive with your great colour.

lisa808 said...

Thanks for the great tutorial and for participating in this fun hop.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, Taylor! I love your set you have made!

Cheryl (aka CherylQuilts) said...

Taylor, these are beautiful! What a fabulous job, and I LOVE these new images! Wow!

Wanda H said...

Really beautiful!!!

Susan said...

Love your colour combinations.

Cazzy said...

Lovely cards and so clever splitting the images.

Cazzy x

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

I really like the way you set up your cards very creative:)

Christine said...

Your cards are beautiful! I was planning on buying some of the stampers and now I know that I HAVE too.

Blessings,
Christine

Miracela said...

heyza
i was look aroung your homepage
and will not leave again
before i was saying hello
it is a nice homepage you have
good luck in future
Hugs
Miracela

Cat said...

I Love what you have done with these stamps1 Just gorgeous!

Ida P. Krause said...

Absolutely Divine Taylor...So beautiful and elegant.

Melvin said...

wow,these are cute Taylor!
I love your color comb...
Thanks for sharing...
__________________
Melvin
Get easy cash at your door step

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

Oh! These are pure Taylor fabulousness!!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Taylor, your cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love how you colored the images--Fabulous idea!! The designer papers and the colors are gorgeous and I love the chocolate brown ribbon! I'm sorry couldn't get over here sooner to leave you a comment for the blog hop but our computer crashed and we just got it back so now I am trying to catch up. ;)

Holly said...

these are so pretty!!

Diane R said...

Wonderful use of the stamps and papers...Beautiful cards!

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

Those are so nice and I love the colours.

BeckyE said...

Really appreciate the technique explanation. Thanks so much.
BeckyE