Looking for our $250 Prize Challenge? Find Sketch Selfie Share HERE.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Center of Attention Product Spotlight - TE Downloads

Today the Baker's Dozen and I have another exciting Center of Attention Product Spotlight! We've been busy expanding a new category at the the TE Store and today, we're excited to introduce 4 new downloads to help you get organized as the new year approaches. Before I show you the project I created, let me tell you a little bit about each of our downloads:

Vertical & Horizontal Recipe Cards - these are formatted to print 2 recipe cards on an 8.5" x 11" sheet. Just one easy cut down the middle and you've got 2 recipe cards! They were designed to coordinate perfectly with our Mini Binder Box or create your own recipe book like I did below! The thing I love the most about these recipes cards is that there's plenty of room to write out the ingredients and instructions! --designed by Nancy McKinney

Birthday Calendar - these are formatted to print 2 months on an 8.5" x 11" sheet. Another easy cut down the middle and you have inserts for two months. This download also coordinates perfectly to fit in our Mini Binder Box, but has many creative possibilities. I'm excited to create my own spiral bound book with pockets to store my cards for each month! --designed by Nancy McKinney

2010 Mini Dated Calendar - Our mini calendars are perfect to add to a larger page allowing for lots of embellishment. Or cut them out with Spellbinders and create a small date reminder for the fridge! --designed by Sharon Harnist

2010 6" x 6 Dated Calendar - Our 6x6 dated calendar previously available in print, is now only available as a download. This calendar was designed to coordinate with our 6x6 page protectors and Frame Your Imagination vertical stand. --designed by Taylor VanBruggen (that's me!)

You can find all of our new downloads HERE. And in honor of our Center of Attention product spotlight, all downloads are 15% off today and tomorrow (December 16-17)... and the best part is that there's no shipping charge for downloads!

During last month's Center of Attention Product Spotlight I was so energized by getting organized with the project I created! Many of our new downloads will help me get organized for the new year. If you're anything like me, you probably have about 10 recipe books with favorites scattered randomly throughout each one of them. I decided to start getting organized by creating one recipe book that I can reach for when I want to make one of our family favorites. I printed the recipe cards on Choice Buttercream cardstock. When you cut an 8.5" x 11" sheet in half you'll end up with 2 - 5.5" x 8.5" recipe cards. I cut chipboard covers for the front and back (measuring 6" x 9"). I covered the front with Bloom and Grow patterned paper and my new favorite Martha Stewart loop edge punch to frame the 'recipes' (spelled out with American Crafts Fabric Thickers). Then I measured the top for two binder rings. I used extra large binder rings so there's plenty of room to add more recipes. I've been married for 5 years and it's sad to say that I'm just starting to hone my cooking skills...better late than never, right? The recipe in the picture is for my mom's famous Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce. Jon loves it when my mom makes this apple cake! Here's the recipe in case you can't read it in the photo:

Cake Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
6 apples; chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. soda
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 cup margerine; softened

Cake Instructions: Cream sugar and margerine. Add eggs. Mix dry ingredients together and fold together with other mixture. Add chopped apples. Put in 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Caramel Sauce Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream

Caramel Sauce Instructions: Combine butter and sugar in saucepan. Melt over medium heat. Add whipping cream and stir. Boil until creamy consistencty. Serve warm over cake.

That's all I've got for today, but I know you'll want to check out the rest of the inspiration using TE downloads from the Baker's Dozen:
Sharon's Mini Calendar Key Ring
Charmaine's Recipe Binder Box
Karen's Birthday Calendar
Jodi's Birthday Calendar Binder Box
Donna's Framed 6x6 Calendar

11 comments:

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

How FABULOUS is this!!! LOOOOOOOOVE the chipboard covers and the thickers!!! This is AWESOME and I am totally going to try and whip one up for my mom before Christmas!!

Karen Giron said...

Soooooo cute! I am loving the MME paper with that gorgeous edge punch!! What a super cute way to keep your recipes organized!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a fabulous recipe book, Taylor! I thought I had no need for the vertical layout, but you have definitely changed my mind! I LOVE IT!

Karen Motz said...

What a fun way to collect favourite recipes!!! LOVE the bright chipboard letters!!!

Sharon Harnist said...

That cake sounds wonderful, Taylor, I'll have to try it out on my family! Love your cute recipe binder and how it will stand up on its own -- great format, too!

Jackie Pedro said...

Another yummy recipe! This is darling, Taylor!!

Donna said...

this is great, Taylor! it's never too late to learn how to cook - and this is the perfect inspiration/motivation for it!

Jamie said...

Great idea! Love that punch, and those fabric thickets are too cute! Now I'm going to have to make that:):)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome little recipe book and the apple cake recipe sounds delish!! Might have to try that. It has to be healthy with the caramel sauce right? Or maybe it's the apples!

Danni said...

Awesome project! Love your downloads! If you ever design some for an address book, I'm so there!!

Banu said...

This is really very neat. But do you know if I can print recipes on these? That would be the best for me....I am not much of a handwritten recipe person...