Today I'm joining with the Baker's Dozen for our monthly calendar challenge and you're invited to play along too! Each month we'll be sharing projects using Taylored Expressions calendar products and showcasing ideas for the current month. And the idea is that when you play along each month you'll end up with a completed calendar at the end of the year to give as a gift or keep for yourself. To play along you simply need to choose a TE Calendar Product to use with any stamps or papercrafting supplies you'd like. Create a calendar page using the month in the title of my post, post it on your blog or online gallery, and come back here to add your link to the Mr. Linky at the end of the post.
Every BIG challenge deserves a BIG prize, right!? Anyone who participates in 10 out of 12 months of the calendar challenge will be entered into a random drawing for a prize package of TE stamps, dies, and other supplies worth over $150! You can join in any time and catch up on past challenges too. If you're looking to catch up, you can upload your January projects here, and your February projects here!
magnetic acrylic base & Mini Tear Off Calendar. The best part about my calendar is that I get to enjoy it now with the 2012 Mini Calendar and then gather all of the inserts at the end of the year and give it as a gift with the 2013 Mini Calendar! The inserts stay the same and then you just rip each month off the mini calendar as the months pass. I must admit I have a serious case of spring fever! In fact, I actually went to a garage sale in the snow last weekend! *grin* Although it's still pretty chilly outside, I wanted my March calendar insert to welcome spring. I've also been excited to use the Tiptoe through the Tulips dies from our latest release. I cut out the stems from Hillary cardstock and then chose patterned papers from the MME Howdy Doody collection for the tulips. I also used the grass border die along the bottom and a sentiment from Hello Spring to finish it off. One more thing... since I can't use pop dots on these calendar pages (because they won't fit into the acrylic base) I try to find other ways to embellish and add dimension. So I used Luscious Lime Smooch to paint a little bit of detail onto the leaves.
Here's a quick recap of the calendar challenge rules:
- The challenge for the current month will go up at 8 am PST on the 2nd Thursday of each month and you can play along any time after that.
- Use any TE calendar product and any stamps or papercrafting supplies to decorate the current month (not required to use TE Stamps).
- Post your creation to your blog or on-line gallery. If you post your creation on SCS or other on-line gallery please use KEYWORD: TECALCHAL
- Add your direct link to the Mr. Linky list below. The linky list will remain open all year, so you have the opportunity to go back and catch up should you start late or miss a month. Find January link list HERE and February link list HERE.
- Show your spirit for the calendar challenge and grab our blog badge HERE.
- ENTER TO WIN! Everyone who plays in 10 or more of our monthly Calendar Challenges in 2012 will automatically be entered to win a Taylored Expressions Prize Package valued at over $150!!!! The winner will announced on New Year's Day 2013.