Here is my project for July:
I was feeling inspired by the new alcohol ink background tutorial over on Splitcoast so I started by trying out this fun technique on some glossy cardstock. There are still two Copic Refills left in our What's the Deal department so it'd be a great time to pick them up and try this out yourself. And who doesn't have a toilet paper roll and hand sanitizer somewhere in the house? That's all you need!
I've been using the magnetic acrylic base and the Mini Tear Off calendar for my monthly project. I just taped the calendar to the outside of the frame so that I can rip off the month when it's finished and swap out the insert for something new. Then at the end of the year I plan to gather all of the monthly inserts and package them up along with a 2013 mini calendar and give the whole set as a Christmas gift.
Here's a closeup of my calendar insert. I used images from Under the Sea and a sentiment from Coconut Cove. Then I used the wave border die covered with Stickles and a little strip of patterned paper from the Paradise Beach collection.
Here's a recap of the challenge rules:
- The challenge for the current month will go up at 8 am PST on the 2nd Thursday of each month and you can play along any time after that.
- Use any TE calendar product and any stamps or papercrafting supplies to decorate the current month (not required to use TE Stamps).
- Post your creation to your blog or on-line gallery. If you post your creation on SCS or other on-line gallery please use KEYWORD: TECALCHAL
- Add your direct link to the Mr. Linky list below. The linky list will remain open all year, so you have the opportunity to go back and catch up should you start late or miss a month. Find January link list HERE, February link list HERE, March link list HERE, and April link list HERE, May link list HERE, June link list HERE.
- Show your spirit for the calendar challenge and grab our blog badge HERE.
- ENTER TO WIN! Everyone who plays in 10 or more of our monthly Calendar Challenges in 2012 will automatically be entered to win a Taylored Expressions Prize Package valued at over $150!!!! The winner will announced on New Year's Day 2013.
- Charmaine Ikach
- Jodi Collins
- Melody Rupple
- Sankari Wegman
- Shannon White
- Stephanie Kraft
- Taylor VanBruggen
- Wanda Guess