If you've been following along with our calendar challenge then you know that I've been using the magnetic acrylic base and the Mini Tear Off calendar for my monthly project. I just taped the calendar to the outside of the frame so that I can rip off the month when it's finished and swap out the insert for something new. Then at the end of the year I plan to gather all of the monthly inserts and package them up along with a 2013 mini calendar and give the whole set as a Christmas gift.
As I sat down to create my September insert there were no specific holidays or themes I wanted to highlight so I grabbed one of my favorite 'oldies' from my stamp stash, Birds of a Feather. It goes perfectly with our September Key Ingredients kit which was released earlier this week!
I stamped the bird cage in Memento Gray Flannel ink and the bird in Colorbox Rose Coral (highlighted with some R24 Copic marker). I cut out the image with a circle Spellbinders and layered it onto the Medium Doily Die and the Large Doily Die. Then to finish it off I just cut out some words from the patterned paper and added them on the left side.
As I mentioned above, all of the patterned paper and cardstock is from the September Key Ingredients kit. If you haven't heard about our kit club you can find all the details here! Come join us... it's fun!
OK... so here's a recap of the challenge rules! You can join in any time and catch up on past months for a chance to win the big prize!
- The challenge for the current month will go up at 8 am PST on the 2nd Thursday of each month and you can play along any time after that.
- Use any TE calendar product and any stamps or papercrafting supplies to decorate the current month (not required to use TE Stamps).
- Post your creation to your blog or on-line gallery. If you post your creation on SCS or other on-line gallery please use KEYWORD: TECALCHAL
- Add your direct link to the Mr. Linky list below. The linky list will remain open all year, so you have the opportunity to go back and catch up should you start late or miss a month. Find January link list HERE, February link list HERE, March link list HERE, and April link list HERE, May link list HERE, June link list HERE, July link list HERE, August link list HERE.
- Show your spirit for the calendar challenge and grab our blog badge HERE.
- ENTER TO WIN! Everyone who plays in 10 or more of our monthly Calendar Challenges in 2012 will automatically be entered to win a Taylored Expressions Prize Package valued at over $150!!!! The winner will announced on New Year's Day 2013.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to check out the rest of the inspiring September calendars from the Baker's Dozen!