I've been using the magnetic acrylic base and the Mini Tear Off calendar for my monthly project this year. I just taped the calendar to the outside of the frame with sticky tape so that I can rip off the month when it's finished and swap out the insert for something new. Then at the end of the year I plan to gather all of the monthly inserts and package them up along with a 2013 mini calendar and give the whole set as a Christmas gift!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays for stamping so I was super excited to make this month's calendar insert! I decided on the Spooky Tree A la Carte stamp:
I started by stamping the image in Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White cardstock. Then I used a 1" circle punch to create a reverse mask for the image panel. I sponged inside the punched circle with Tangerine and Yellow Ochre inks to create the moon. Then I masked the sponged moon and used a Cloud Border die cut to sponge the clouds on the background with Sweet Plum ink. I added the spiders (from the Spooky Tree A la Carte) and also the fence sticker and star stickers from my stash. I covered the moon with Stickles and add the 'Boo' sentiment from Best Nests. Then in order to denote Halloween on the calendar I stamped over the 31st with the pumpkin image from the Spooky Tree A la Carte. I had so much fun adding depth and detail to this image without adding any dimension! Here's a closer look at the image panel:
And now here's a recap of the challenge rules! You can join in any time and catch up on past months for a chance to win the big prize!
- The challenge for the current month will go up at 8 am PST on the 2nd Thursday of each month and you can play along any time after that.
- Use any TE calendar product and any stamps or papercrafting supplies to decorate the current month (not required to use TE Stamps).
- Post your creation to your blog or on-line gallery. If you post your creation on SCS or other on-line gallery please use KEYWORD: TECALCHAL
- Add your direct link to the Mr. Linky list below. The linky list will remain open all year, so you have the opportunity to go back and catch up should you start late or miss a month. Find January link list HERE, February link list HERE, March link list HERE, and April link list HERE, May link list HERE, June link list HERE, July link list HERE, August link list HERE, September link list HERE.
- Show your spirit for the calendar challenge and grab our blog badge HERE.
- ENTER TO WIN! Everyone who plays in 10 or more of our monthly Calendar Challenges in 2012 will automatically be entered to win a Taylored Expressions Prize Package valued at over $150!!!! The winner will announced on New Year's Day 2013.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to check out the rest of the inspiring October calendar projects from the Baker's Dozen:
- Jen Shults
- Jodi Collins
- Karen Giron
- Melody Rupple
- Regina Mangum
- Shannon White
- Shelly Mercado
- Stephanie Kraft
- Taylor VanBruggen