We issued a challenge to our readers at the beginning of the year to join us in creating a calendar project with the opportunity to win a $150 prize package! We're coming to the end of the year and there's still time to join in the challenge. You just need to create a monthly calendar project and link your projects to my blog. You can find all the details HERE. And when you're done you'll have a completed calendar to give as a gift this holiday season!
I've been using the magnetic acrylic base and the Mini Tear Off calendar for my monthly project this year. I taped the calendar to the outside of the frame with sticky tape so that I can rip off the month when it's finished and swap out the insert for something new. Next month I plan to gather all of the monthly inserts and package them up along with a 2013 mini calendar and give the whole set as a Christmas gift!
The air is crisp and the leaves are falling from the trees so I thought an autumn themed calendar insert would be perfect for November. Here's what I came up with:
I started with patterned paper from the Simple Stories Harvest Lane collection which came in our October Key Ingredients Kit. I die cut the Quatrefoil Cutting Plate from Choice Buttercream cardstock and pieced the different patterns inside each quatrefoil. It was actually a pretty quick process and I love the result! Then I stamped the autumn birdhouse from Best Nests onto Choice Buttercream cardstock and cut it out with the Frame it Up 1 die. I sponged around the image panel with Antique Linen Distress ink and colored the image with Copics. Then to finish it off I added the picket fence border along the bottom. Here's a closer look at the image panel:
And now here's a recap of the challenge rules! You can join in any time and catch up on past months for a chance to win the big prize!
- Use any TE calendar product and any stamps or papercrafting supplies to decorate a monthly calendar page (not required to use TE Stamps).
- Post your creation to your blog or on-line gallery. If you post your creation on SCS or other on-line gallery please use KEYWORD: TECALCHAL
- Add your direct link to the Mr. Linky list below. The linky list will remain open all year, so you have the opportunity to go back and catch up should you start late or miss a month. Find January link list HERE, February link list HERE, March link list HERE, and April link list HERE, May link list HERE, June link list HERE, July link list HERE, August link list HERE, September link list HERE, October link list HERE.
- Show your spirit for the calendar challenge and grab our blog badge HERE.
- ENTER TO WIN! Everyone who uploads a project in 10 or more of our monthly Calendar Challenges in 2012 will automatically be entered to win a Taylored Expressions Prize Package valued at over $150!!!! The winner will announced on New Year's Day 2013.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to check out the rest of the inspiring November calendar projects from the Baker's Dozen: