Thursday, January 10, 2013

Taylored Expressions January Spotlights: Framed Graphic Greetings

Hey there! Right now I'm happily boarding a flight out to sunny California to check out all the latest goodies in papercrafting at CHA Winter! The show doesn't start until Saturday, but I'll be spending Friday hosting a baby shower for my sister who is due at the end of February. I can hardly wait!

Many of the Baker's Dozen gals will be meeting me in Anaheim, but we've all pre-scheduled our posts to share even more inspiration using our new January release products.

For my project I wanted to create a bit of home decor for Valentine's Day and the Graphic Greetings Valentine stamp was the quick and easy solution. Here's what I came up with using a frame that I picked up at Michaels:


I started by inking only portions of the stamp with Memento Love Letter ink and the remainder with Memento Tuxedo Black. I stamped it onto Choice Buttercream cardstock, trimmed it out, and sponged around the edges with Antique Linen Distress ink.

I created the background by cutting several jumbo heart borders and placing them together. Then I thought it needed a little something extra so I added the Cupid's Arrows dies to the outside of the frame.

You can find these super fun supplies in the TE Store:

 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Check out the Baker's Dozen fabulous-ness by clicking over to their blogs below. I'm hoping I can stop by over the weekend and share some of my favorites from CHA. In the meantime, keep an eye on our Facebook page for the latest! 
 

7 comments:

Cassie said...

What a great idea to frame the sentiment, Taylor! I hope you're having blast with your sister, and have a great time at CHA :D

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

so cute, and such a great gift idea!

Stephanie Kraft said...

This is super sweet and a great home decor item! Hope you have a great trip!

Shannon White said...

Super Home Decor project Taylor!! And I agree with Anna, super gift idea too! 8-)

See you soon!
Hugs
Shannon

stampsilly71 said...

Wooops, enjoying the hops so much and almost forgot to leave a comment here. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new products and the project pantry kit this month. Definitely our valentine stamps will come from TE!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable, Taylor!

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much οf a online reader to be honest
but your siteѕ reаlly nice, keeр it up!
I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future. Cheers

Feel free to surf to my web site :: My Bbq Guru Turbo Grate On Your Own Big Green Ovum 18 In Computer Articles
My page: eggcessories